- 1¼ cups (310ml) homemade chicken broth or water
- 1 cup (160g) fresh or frozen peas and corn
- 100g thawed pork mince
- 1 tablespoon risoni (“Big rice” pasta)
- Smattering of dried onion flakes (not fried)
- Dash of pure garlic powder
- A crack of black pepper
- Chuck everything into a small saucepan.
- Bring water or broth to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Process mixture to consistency you’re after.
It may not look very appetising, but Arddun would snort all of it through her cute button nose if I let her. And she’s developing quite the discerning palate nowadays.
I used to add carrots to the mix, but Arddun gets red and blotchy around the mouth when she goes all Bugs Bunny during mealtimes. So this one is the green and yellow version.
Also, you can use 100g of chicken breast fillet if you prefer. Or any other meat, really. I like to mix it up so Arddun gets exposed to more than just chicken and fish. I also prefer using lean mince, because it thaws so easily. Usually freezer bag them in 100g stashes so I can chuck them all in the freezer and grab a portion when needed.